TRYOUT SCHEDULE [+]
TRYOUT REGISTRATION [+]
ATTENDANCE: It is expected that all players attend all their age group sessions. If you anticipate missing a session, please contact the respetive gender Director of Coaching.
COLORS: Please wear GREY (or light) colored shirt and RED shorts/socks. Current Maryland United FC players can wear grey/red/red training gear.
WHAT TO BRING: Standard soccer tryouts gear... shin gaurds, water and a ball.
WHAT NOT TO BRING: Anxiety, stress and nerves.
1. Click Tryout Registration.
2. Fill out or confirm the information fields and proceed through the pages (steps).
3. At Step 2.1, you will either choose to Register an existing player (meaning a returning player) or Create New Member.
4. Fill out or confirm the information fields and proceed through the pages (steps).
Note: EVERY player will need to register for tryouts even if multiple players are from the same household.
Please see the tryout schedule on this page for age groups, coaches, dates, times and locations. Please check the website immediatey before leaving for tryouts in case of inclement weather or field changes. Weather cancellations will first go through the club's Twitter and Facebook account.
Players should plan on arriving at least 15 minutes before their scheduled tryout time to check-in and warm-up.
Players must wear a generic white/light shirt (no club logos, text or crests), red or black shorts, red or white socks.
If you cannot make any of the dates please contact the coach to arrange another date to tryout during regular team training nights.
Why do we have tryouts?
We have official tryouts each year as all premier travel clubs do towards the end of each spring season. Our goal is to give each team the opportunity to select new players who will have a positive impact on their teams and to also properly place players on either Red, White, Black or Yellow teams within their appropriate age groups.
How will teams be selected?
Teams will be tiered with nomenclature as follows with corresponding playing levels, commitment, and expectations. Head age-group coaches will make final decisions after consulting with the other coaches in the age group, coaches assisting in the tryout process, and the Directors of Coaching. Finally, where possible, the club will look to make first (Red) second (White), third (Black), fourth (Yellow) teams in the age groups where the player pool is large enough to support more than one team.
Why should players be tiered?
It is important for players to be placed into environments which allow them to enjoy success, learn skills that are specific to the rate of development, and participate in both leagues and tournaments that are appropriate to the players level. It is also very important to realize that players all mature at different rates. We regularly see situations in our club where players who are on second (White) teams at U9-U12 who work themselves onto first (Red) teams given time, effort, and a quality team and training environment. Mid-season player movement may occur based on merit, additional assessment, supplement tryouts and league and roster rules.
Who should I contact with questions?
Feel free to contact the age group coaches or Technical Director Pat Noel, Technical Consultant Steve Campbell, DOC Boys Colin Herriot, ECNL DOC Harry Canellakis, and our U9-U12 Directors Denison Cabral (Girls) and David Mongey (Boys).
- Please check the website for any field closures or changes to the tryout schedule LIVE DOCUMENT.
- Please complete the Tryout Registration Form Information Online.
- Players will be contacted by the coach within 72 hours after the final tryout of their status.
- Players will have 24 hours to make a decison once contacted.
- Upon acceptance of postion on team, players have 24 hours to officially register online and make initial payment to be considered an offical member of the team and club.